The Trials of an American Dilettante

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Guatemala, more entertainment in one day…

It’s amazing how often people us time as a measure of experience. People will establish that a relationship is serious by giving it in years. Professionals and employers rank expertise in years as well. Just as with space, density is a major part of time.

In one day in Guatemala, more has happened to me than in perhaps a month in the US. I’ve seen several churches that were ruined in earthquakes (this country seems to have a comparative advantage in ruining churches with earthquakes). A weird Honduran followed me to Antigua in hopes of getting money (thank God I lost him). I climbed an active volcano and then slid down pumice piles to the bottom.

It’s nice to be here, but applying to jobs and the fear that my boss try calling me looms over me. If I get some work done tomorrow and no one calls, I’ll feel pretty good about the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home