The Trials of an American Dilettante

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Iraq II

I saw a bit more of Iraq this time. Site after site, I met with hundreds and hundreds of Peruvians and Ugandans. Who knew that I’d use my Spanish so much in the middle of Baghdad? Their presence all seemed normal to the people working there and managing the program. But, in truth there were many things that were seriously wrong and it was so obvious to the outsider.Funny how when things get too close, they get out of focus again. I would love to say more, but the work may be the biggest deal of my career so far.

After sixteen days of working twelve-hour days without a day off, I returned home to Amman. I need to stare at a wall for a while.








1 Comments:

  • Wow really cool pics Amer.Dilletante! And it sounds like the project you're working on is going quite well - excellente!

    By Blogger shoffy22, at 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home