The Trials of an American Dilettante

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Waiting For a Parade

Yesterday, I tried to climb Agua, the huge volcano next to Antigua. I walked around seven miles to the volcano and then another two up it. Half way up, I decided it was too difficult so I turned around. Mental note- bring water next time you try to climb something large during dry season. I got back and realized I was fried. A red nose, a red neck and a red top of the forehead. Top of the forehead? I must be losing my hair worse than I thought.

I´m ready to leave Antigua, but there´s supposedly a big parade tomorrow that is not to be missed. So, I´m sticking around to see neato flaots of Jesus. With the movements of the crowd, it supposedly looks like Jesus walking and bearing the cross. It amazing how much boredom people are willing to tolerate for a litte entertainment. Whether its a movie, a play or a concert, you have to wait through a lot.

The Peace Corp called and want to interview me for some position I forgot I apllied to. Beinghere is a major barrier. Hopefully, I´ll be able to interview when I get back. Another barrier is that I completely don´t know what the position is for other than the title. I really gotta start writing shit down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home